Happy New Year!! Admittedly, the blog (at least any new writing) has been neglected for the last few months as I have been dealing with illness in my extended family, holidays, and just life in general. I hope you don’t hold it against me. :-)
But, Tank went back to school today and The Roadie went back to his regular work schedule, so I’m having a “pull myself up by my bootstraps” kind of moment. There’s stuff to be done and I am officially out of reasons to put it off, so I’m forcing myself back into “real life”.
While the it hasn’t made it to the web, I actually have continued to menu plan during the last few weeks…most of the time. However, yesterday I didn’t feel like it, so I went to another source that I came across a while back: Eat At Home. They post delicious sounding menus, including a PDF with all the recipes and the grocery list. So, I’m going to be using one of the menus from their website to get us through this week. It sounds awesome and it was sooooo easy to just use the grocery list they provide, add the other things we needed, and head out to the store!!!
Here’s what we’re going to have each night. (All the recipes for this menu are included in their post.)
- Monday: Zingy BBQ Chicken, corn, green beans (This should be pretty easy to pack and take to our Monday night indoor picnic before the boys go to BSF.)
- Tuesday: Spaghetti with Garlic and Oil, Tomato and Onion Salad, Homemade Artisan Bread
- Wednesday: Pizza Steak Sandwiches (slow cooker), carrot sticks, frozen fries (baked)
- Thursday: Chick-fil-e fundraiser for Tank’s school
- Friday: Ham and Swiss Scalloped Potatoes, Brussels sprouts
- Saturday: Chicken Curry (slow cooker), rice, broccoli
- Sunday: Lentil Tacos, salad or fruit, chips and salsa
Many blessings as you get back into the swing of post-holiday life!!
I’m linking up to: Menu Plan Monday ~ January 7/13 : I’m an Organizing Junkie.