February is so close!!! I’ve decided to go ahead and begin using February’s monthly menu plan, even for these last few days of January. I’m beginning to think that, once we’re a bit farther into this grand plan of a year’s worth of monthly menus, I may reconsider my method.
As for the reality of this week, we may have dinner plans with friends on Friday, however, I still picked a meal and will shop for it, because the contingency plan is how the 28 meals fill up a longer than 28 day month. Right?? Right. And, one of the nice things about pizza night, specifically, is that it’s pretty easy to pass off to another night or put on hold until much later in the month.
Here’s what we’re eating at our house this week:
- Sunday–Chicken nuggets (the frozen kind–yes, I know there are better options, just not on a Sunday), pasta with creamy pumpkin sauce (round 2 from last week’s cheese ravioli) and fruit
- Monday–Breakfast sandwiches and spicy sweet potato chips
- Tuesday–Garlic herb marinated chicken quarters (probably in the oven, unless my DH gets home early enough to grill, weather permitting) and baked potatoes
- Wednesday–Grilled cheese sandwiches and super quick tomato soup
- Thursday–Gallo pinto (This is a Latin American dish that my DH fell in love with last summer while he was in Costa Rica. After he came back and told me about it, I searched for a recipe as a starting place and have used it to come close to recreating what Dona Sylvia served every morning. Once I’m certain I’m finished tweaking the recipe, I’ll post it.), queso fresco, fruit
- Friday–Pita pizzas