1. I started my blog because I secretly have always wanted to be a writer and blogging is a really easy way to start exploring and expanding my “talents”.
2. One thing I love to see on other blogs is transparency about who the blogger is as a person and an openness about their faith.
3. Something I love about blogging is all the new places on the web it has taken me and the new “community” I’m starting to develop.
4. A favorite blog post of mine is probably one of the ones about my “word of the year”–RENEW–not because they’re all that well written, but because they were allowed me to be vulnerable in a way that I am not with a lot of people in person.
5. Something my friends in real life know about me that I’ve never before mentioned on my blog is that I have a fairly dry, sarcastic sense of humor.
6. My new favorite blogs to read are the ones where the blogger appears to be genuine and normal. I love being inspired by pretty decor for my home, yummy recipes, and super-creative activities for my kids, but there comes a point where I there is no way that a regular person can accomplish all those things, blog about them, and still have “free time” to just relax and enjoy their family and friends. (Also, a blog full of contests will make me move on really quickly.)
7. Some things I tend to avoid doing on my blog are pretty much the same things that I avoid talking about with anybody but my closest relationships–gossip, complaining for the sake of complaining (even in my most overwhelmed and unhappy times, because I am very blessed), any word about my husband that is not edifying, and discussing politics or other overtly divisive topics.