I guess today is the “official” end of summer, although Tank has already been in school for 2 weeks. It’s been a super hot summer here in Oklahoma, and I’m looking forward to consistently cooler temperatures to roll in so I don’t feel quite so conflicted about running the oven.
We ate out more than usual last week. It wasn’t planned, but it wasn’t due to lack of planning necessarily, either. I had a cold and felt terrible at the beginning of the week; The Roadie messed up his neck/shoulder/upper back; he worked a 14+ hour day on Wednesday, so he took Thursday off; and also we celebrated his birthday. All that culminated into not making it to the grocery store to get stuff for lunches and/or being out of the house during lunchtimes in particular. I am maxed out on fast food, for sure!!
But, it’s a new week and a fresh start!!!
- Sunday: Cheese quesadillas
- Monday: Pancakes and sausage–This is usually our Saturday morning breakfast feast, but we needed to get moving and skipped it then, initially thinking that we would do it this morning (Monday). But, the lawn desperately needs to be mowed, and The Roadie isn’t out of bed yet, so I’m moving it to dinner. The kids will be psyched!
- Tuesday: Chili dogs–Skipped last week because it was The Roadie’s birthday and he thought going to Chick-fil-a sounded better.
- Wednesday: Teriyaki Chicken and Fried Rice–Skipped last week. We didn’t eat out, I just made something else.
- Thursday: Pizza–I moved it from Monday because Tank’s school is doing a fundraiser with Papa John’s this week Thursday and Friday.
- Friday: Sloppy Joes
- Saturday: Gallo Pinto or Leftovers
Have a delicious week!!!