It seems like ages since I did one of these! And, of course, I’m a day late. But better late than never!!
1. My favorite grade in school was my senior year of high school–easy classes, more time to spend with friends, and I started dating my future husband!
2. My favorite teacher was Mark DeVore, whom I had for 7th grade science and also Biology and Health in high school, because he got to know his students and looked for their strengths, encouraging them to do things (like be a wrestling manager 😉 ) that they had skills to do, but never would have tried.
3. The highest level of education I have completed is a bachelor’s of science degree in Psychology from Southwest Missouri State University (now Missouri State). GO BEARS!!
4. School lunches for me were usually packed at home–a sandwich, carrot sticks, apple, and pretzels (which I really don’t like anymore).
5. The amount of money you’d have to pay me to go back to high school would be dependent on if I had to go through the whole 4 years or if I could only repeat what I wanted. Like I said above, my senior year was good, but I’d rather not do over the other three. They weren’t terrible, but they weren’t my best moments, either.
6. A few things that will always remind me of going back to school are: backpacks, fall fashion, marching bands, and school supplies (I’m still a sucker for a new, pristine notebook 15 years later).
7. The first day of school was always a welcome change. My summers were either pretty boring or filled with work, once I was old enough to have a job. Most of my friends went to camps or had jobs too, so I didn’t see much of them during the summer, so I really enjoyed going back to school.
Hope your “back to school” season is blessed!!
Thanks to the little things we do: fill in the blank friday for today’s post topic!!!