I do not make New Year’s resolutions. I won’t even use the actual word “goals” for this post. However, as I mentioned, I do have some plans for things I would like to do during this calendar year. Life has taught me over the last few years to consider, imagine, brainstorm, and dream, but not to get too upset when circumstances keep things from happening. Hence no “goals” or “resolutions”–it’s just too much pressure.
While none of it is terribly profound, and much of it is not quite measurable, here’s what I’m aspiring to for 2017…
- I want 2017 to be the year of dates–date nights with my hubby, Saturday morning breakfast dates with each of my kids, game nights with our family friends, hang out nights with my girlfriends.
- I need to engage MORE in creative pursuits. More sewing, intricate coloring books, crafting with my kids, really learning to watercolor paint, writing. I’m not sure how this one will play out. (Please note that I did not say “engage in more creative pursuits.” That’s different. I don’t need to start anything new that I don’t already have the supplies for.)
- I am determined to read more GOOD books. The longer we homeschool, the more I realize how little classic literature I’ve read. So, while I’m not likely to sign up for the actual challenge–I don’t love doing book reviews, which is a requirement–I’m unofficially participating in the Back to the Classics reading challenge. I also plan to continue to read books in other categories, so we will see how far I get. I’ll share my booklist on another day. Somewhere on the sidebar is a peek at my Goodreads “currently reading” list.
- This is the year I switch to bullet journaling as my paper planning method. I will always love paper over digital, but feel like there’s a lot of empty space on each page of my current planner that some tree died for. My bullet journal will be a bare bones version–no doodles or stickers, and probably no washi tape. My current planner goes until sometime in the summer, though, so I have a while for this one.
- I hope to get back to blogging more frequently this year. Once I hit “publish” for this post, I will have twice as many as in 2016. Success! And we aren’t even halfway through January. 😉
- I also need to get back into my morning routine of doing personal devotions. I’m not sure when that fell apart, but it needs to be resurrected.
Do you have any ambitions for 2017? Or do you make resolutions??